The Destiny City Film Festival was founded in part because we want to show great movies. And we know that at the heart of every great movie is a great story – one that is destined to inspire and entertain. Screenplays are the foundation of every memorable film, and we are dedicated to supporting the writing community and the stories they create. Thus, we are thrilled to host Tacoma’s first short screenplay competition! We know that the Northwest film community is chock full of talented writers, thinkers, and artists. We invite you to share your short screenplay, and allow us to celebrate your work. All stories welcomed.
Congratulations to Jenni Prange Boran, whose screenplay BLUE BUNNY was the winner of the 2014 Destiny City Film Festival, and to Shadrach Michaels, whose screenplay INCENDIARY was the runner-up.
Our call for entries is closed for the season. Please check back in the Fall for information on submitting to the 2015 Destiny City Film Festival & Screenplay Competition.
Submission fees and deadlines:
Earlybird deadline (February 20, 2014): $15
Regular deadline (March 20, 2014): $25
Final deadline (April 30, 2014): $40
- The 1st place winner will receive 2 VIP Passes to the 2014 Destiny City Film Festival, a cash prize of $150, and valuable audience feedback during a special reading event of the winning screenplay programmed during the film festival.
- The runner-up will receive 2 VIP Passes to the 2014 Destiny City Film Festival.
- Scripts must be between three (3) and thirty (30) pages in length. Absolutely no exceptions.
- Writers of all ages, demographics and corners of the world are invited to enter. There is no limit to the number of screenplays you may submit, but separate entry forms and fees are required for each script.
- DCFF will not allow substitutions of corrected pages, new drafts, or edited titles of a submitted screenplay.
- Screenplays must be received by the final deadline (April 30, 2014).
- Submitted scripts must be original screenplays and the sole property of the applicant.
- Screenplays must have a title page which includes only the title (scripts that include the writer’s name on the title page will be disqualified).
- Entries must be in English, and in PDF format.
- Entry fees will not be refunded.
- Entries require an entry form. Please keep a copy of your completed entry form for your records.
- Our offices will notify you when we receive your entry and all other required materials.
- Screenplays will not be returned.
- While every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials submitted, DCFF cannot accept or assume responsibility in the event of loss or damage en route or otherwise.
- Your entry must be postmarked no later than the deadline under which you’ve registered. If the submission is not postmarked appropriately, or if a payment is received after a postmark deadline, we will not read your script until the difference is paid to the Destiny City Film Festival. It is the responsibility of the writer or submission contact to ensure that all requirements are met. The festival retains the right to disqualify an entry, with no refunded fee, if submission guidelines are not met.
Destiny City Film Festival
PO Box 7951
Tacoma, WA 98417